State: NA Grade: 5
1. Why did the French and the British go to war in 1754?
a. The French helped the Iroquois.
b. The British helped the Huron.
c. Both wanted the Ohio River Valley.
d. The French wanted control of Mexico.
2. After the war, Great Britain claimed _____.
a. all of France’s colonies in North America
b. all of Europe and Asia
3. What ally did the Native Americans lose as a result of the French and Indian War?
b. the colonists
4. William Pitt helped the British win the war by _____.
a. writing the Treaty of Paris
b. issuing the Proclamation of 1763
c. giving money to the French
d. giving money to the British
5. The Proclamation of 1763 set aside land west of the Appalachian Mountains for the ___________.
b. Native Americans