State: NY Grade: 5
1. The northern arctic parts of Alaska and Canada have _____.
a. a wet season and a dry season
b. long and cold winters, short and cool summers
c. warm days all year
d. cold winters and hot, humid summers
2. The climate between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn _____.
a. is cold all year
b. has changing seasons
c. is warm all year
d. is hot and dry all year
3. What current is responsible for the mild and wet climate in cities like Seattle and Washington?
a. North Pacific Current
b. Gulf Stream
c. South Atlantic Current
d. South Pacific Current
4. Which state has a tropical wet climate, keeping the average temperature around 70 degrees?
5. Which region of the United States is arid, meaning it gets less than 20 inches of rain a year?