State: NY Grade: 5
1. How is the prime minister of Canada chosen?
a. by the people of Canada
b. by the British monarch
c. by the members of parliament
d. by the governor general
2. Canada’s _____ is like the U.S. Bill of Rights.
a. Constitution Act of 1982
b. Electoral College
c. Constitution Act of 1867
d. Charter of Rights and Freedoms
3. Canadian voters elect _________.
a. the prime minister
b. the head of state
d. representatives to parliament
4. How is Canada different from the United States?
a. it has a set of laws to protect its citizens
b. it pays for health care
c. it has a federal system
d. it's legislative body has two houses
5. Who is Canada's head of state?
a. British monarch
b. prime minister
d. French monarch