State: NY Grade: 5
1. _____ is the most widely spoken language after English in the United States.
2. The artist who painted the deserts of the Southwest was _____.
a. Georgia O’Keeffe
b. Willa Cather
c. Thomas Eakins
d. Mark Twain
3. Many Cubans fled to ________ when Fidel Castro took over Cuba.
c. New Orleans
4. Many _________ immigrants came to California in the 1840s looking for gold.
5. When the potato crop failed in ________ more than half a million people left for America.
a. Great Britain