State: NY Grade: 5
1. Besides tourism, what is the most important economic activity in the Caribbean?
a. the auto industry
c. the arts
d. mining diamonds
2. What event ended Spainís colonization of Cuba and Puerto Rico?
a. the Alamo
b. the Madrid Affair
c. the voyage of Columbus
d. the Spanish American War
3. Which two countries share the island of Hispaniola?
a. Cuba and Puerto Rico
b. Dominican Republic and Haiti
c. Trinidad and Cuba
d. Haiti and Puerto Rico
4. Why has the Cuban economy struggled?
a. natural disasters
b. civil war
c. the United States refuses to trade with Cuba
d. Fidel Castro will not permit people to grow sugarcane
5. Which Caribbean island specializes in ecotourism?
a. Commonwealth of Dominica